WITH AWARD WINNING ACTOR,/SINGER, DANCER,/WRITER MARIE PONCE
- SAG Conservatory: Character and Atmosphere Development with Marie Poncé
- Screen Actor’s Guild 1900 Broadway 5th fl New York, NY
- Friday 10am-12noon
- Character Acting Techniques using Voice Production, Relaxation and Improvisation to expand the Actor’s range from The National Shakespeare Co. Conservatory, NYU, Michael Chekhov, Peter Lobdell, Joan Evans, Robert Perillo techniques
- Shaping the Actor’s Instrument with Marie Poncé 6:30-9:30pm
at The Negro Ensemble Co.program starts September 28, 2014
Actors with proficiency in their craft are challenged to move their abilities to the next level in this actor’s bootcamp. Based on techniques of Michael Chekhov, Cicely Berry, Joan Evans, Jim Tripp, Peter Lobdell, Philip Meister of The National Shakespeare Co. Conservatory and traditional arts of Forces of Nature and global field research in artistic techniques of Africa and the Americas. The actor receives instruction in character development, voice production and articulation, script analysis, monologue scene work using rare scripts from The Negro Ensemble Company’s Play Collections.
- SAG Conservatory: Business of Acting Nov 21 11am-1pm
- When the artist powerfully manages branding as a business a multitude of tools and resources become available, raising quality of life and dynamic capability to make a difference. .Marie Poncé founder of Open Artist NYC, NEC Monthly Meet at Riverside, Author, Arts Activist and facilitator sets union actors and non-profits on the path to self reliance and creative resource.
The Actor’s Intensive
- Start Date:
- Ten 3 hr sessions $575
- Private and Semi-Private Classes available upon request
- at The Negro Ensemble Company at Shetler Studio 244 W 54th St #12, New York, NY 10019
- Send Picture and Resume to email@example.com or contact: 347 560 3312
- The Actors’ Intensive offers solid training for character actors from the point of view of Afro-Latin living arts, culture and history. A practical, physical approach to performing a variety of texts including The Negro Ensemble Company Archives. Delve into Script Analysis, Character, Mask and Atmosphere Work, Voice Production, Articulation, Accents and improvisation as they relate to a variety of performance skills for the actor of color. Become a more versatile and confident performer
Classic Performance Techniques of Global Antiquity
Can the actor’s grasp of global performance methods transform one’s ability to create character and interpret text? This workshop uses global texts and performance skills, dialects, spoken-word, mask work, improvisation and live arts techniques to expand the actor’s ability to play any role and expand original works.
. more about workshops email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (347) 560-3312
- Go To NEC members page>>The Negro Ensemble Company is a New York City-based theater company. Established in 1967 by playwright Douglas Turner Ward, producer/actor Robert Hooks, and theater manager Gerald Krone. The mission of the Negro Ensemble Company, Inc. (NEC) is to provide professional and budding artists of African descent with the opportunity to learn, work, grow and be nurtured in the performing arts; and to provide live theatre by and/or about black people to a culturally diverse audience.Find Out MoreAbout the InstructorMarie McKinney